Thursday, June 17, 2004

Leaving

Photos: The verse begins on one door and ends on the next.









Don't let anyone look down on your youth, but set an example in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12


Vacation Bible School ended tonight. It was so popular that word of mouth expanded attendance nightly, and even tonight, the last night, new children came. The pastor didn't stop by on any of the nights to see how it was going.

Afterwards I cleaned up my room and berated myself for forgetting the paint with which to sign my painted border. I went through the closet and took many of the things that were mine, the songbooks I had made and had bound at Kinko's, the decorative borders, the activities books, my CD player. No one seemed to notice I was taking a lot of stuff. I was feeling a little teary, so I'm glad no one noticed. Teary because it is very likely I'll never be back.

It's strange, but those of us who are on the leader’s "hit list" are all very active in the church. We are the ones who are always there and help out in music and children's programs, help run a supervised visitation program for non-custodial parents in the community, organize social activities for the church, run the Clothes Closet for the needy in the community. I'm not saying this because I feel like it makes me any better than anyone else; I just like being able to help out. I know I'm not indispensable (no one is), so there is sure to be someone to fill my spots. It's just strange that he would attack his most faithful workers.

One of my fellow sufferers told me tonight that they feel this man is not acting on emotion, but that he has a plan. I wonder what kind of plan it is. Run the church into the ground? It certainly looks like it. I think he is pathologically addicted to crisis.



© 2008 LDN

No comments: