Thursday, June 16, 2005

The dominoes game

Summer is truly here. Well, almost, according to the calendar. Normally we'd be having 100 degree temps about now, but today it didn't get much above 60, with a steady rain all afternoon.

Summer is truly here, weather or not, and I need to accomplish something. I should probably make a schedule, or at least a checklist.

I'm waiting for the dominoes to fall.

One is that I still am on the fence about quitting work, but at the moment leaning toward teaching full-time at least one more year; I'm waiting for a return call from the district office.

I need to paint the other half of my studio floor, but I need to wait for the electrician to come so that the floor won't be wet at precisely the same time he arrives.

I need to finish painting my bathroom walls, but I'm waiting for my rotator cuff injury to heal.

I want to knock down my front closet in order to open up my living room, but I'm waiting for an expert to come and tell me if my roof will fall in if I do it.

I need to start putting in my new flooring, which I still need to order, but I need to have the above closet question answered first.

I should finish the dating/wedding scrapbook I'm making for my parents. I have four more pages to do. I'm waiting for inspiration.

I have ten ATCs (artist trading cards) to make. I'll start those tomorrow and depend on the inspiration to come once my hands start their tasks.

I want to cut the parts for my second quilt, but I'm waiting for the fabrics to get out of the drier.

I should pick beets and beans from the garden, but it's 9:15 at night. I'm waiting for morning.

I should call my brother-in-law, because Uncle Junius died this weekend. Guess there's nothing keeping me from that save the fear that I'll be carrying on a long conversation, and talking is not something I do well at this time of night.

To the phone...



© 2008 LDN

No comments: