Thursday, June 23, 2005

Mystery package

Received in the mail:

John Grisham's Street Lawyer in a manilla envelope. Return address is in CT, a state I have not had the privilege to visit, and the sender's name is not familiar to me.

I can't figure this one out.

Turned in my leave of absence request. Waiting to see what will happen. The leave requests are due in April, so my unhappy principal told me as she stood in the breezeway, painting out nasty graffiti that had been spray painted on all the school exterior walls and murals. So sad to see those murals painted out. If I'd known she was going to paint over them, I would have offered to repair them instead.

Ordered my flooring. Should be in by next Wednesday. Discovered how much more wonderful it is to shop in a small store than to go to Home Depot or Costco, etc. Wow! The service at Floors 2 Go is wonderful.

Bought paint for the dining room, not at Home Depot.

Took 6 window screens to be re-screened. When I opened the above-the-sink kitchen window for air last night, I didn't think about the screen not being there until Margie the cat appeared inside the house. She must be quite a jumper, getting that high from the lower ground level outside, but what surprised me more than the jump was that she noticed the open window so quickly.

The other night I was sitting on the porcelain throne in the bathroom when there was a scraping at the open bathroom window. I immediately thought male intruder and turned off the lights as soon as I could get to the switch. Now I realize it must've been Margie.

Back to sorting papers. Fun.



© 2008 LDN

No comments: