- Take a large green floor (800 square feet), a paint brush, and six colors of paint.
- Dip the paintbrush into the paint and F L I N G the paint across the floor. Do it with all six colors.
- Add squiggles of blue and various-colored leaves stamped here and there.
- After cleaning out and filling the joint seams, which should have been done before all the previous painting, paint them to match the green floor and add paint splatters.
- Seal with five coats of high gloss floor finish. Gorgemous!
- Spend a month doing this while dreaming of how it will look and the possible social occasions that can be held there.
- Move all the work tables and chairs to the other side of the room and prepare to do the other 800 feet.That’s where I am now, somewhere between #5 and #6.
- Oh, forgot to add: Before starting the painting, floor must be specklessly clean. That’s the hard part. I haven’t yet been able to convince the spiders to stop dropping mummies of their past meals on the floor.
- The other part I forgot to add is taping newspapers to the red walls, to prevent FLINGS of paint from landing where not planned. Would Jackson Pollock worry about that? I wonder.
© 2008 LDN