Friday, October 26, 2007

Quadrille - the front (half awake)

Photos (in process, and finished): The front side of what I was calling my Ugly Quilt, unfinished, now newly named Quadrille, after the fabrics I purchased on the island of St. Thomas in 2006.

I am experimenting with doing reversible quilts, where each block is quilted before you join it to the other blocks. My dear friends say it reminds them of a bunch of nautical flags. Wherever it ends up, I don't know if anyone will be able to sleep under it.

I woke up this morning thinking of the trip Rachelle and I will be making Thanksgiving weekend down to Sabrina's wedding. She wants to make a quick trip of it, so that makes it difficult to carpool with anyone else.

I thought of our route, and happened to think that it has been a long time since Don and I stopped by to see Vivian and Ralph. A very long time. I wonder why? We should stop by and visit them on the way down, because Don so enjoys their company. Why haven't we visited them recently?

I puzzle with that question as I become more fully awake. Full awareness hits me. Oh, that's why. He's gone. I miss him so.

No comments: