Saturday, February 9, 2008

Making time

If you love doing it, it doesn't take patience. Patience has nothing to do with it. You need patience to do things you don't like to do. -- Jonathan Shannon, quilter

Often, when I finish a project such as a quilt, mosaic, polymer clay, altered book, etc., I am asked, "How long did it take you to do that?"

Hmmm... Now let's see. I never thought about how long it took. I was enjoying myself so much that I didn't think about the time. As everyone says, "Time flies when you're having fun." You don't have enough time to do what you don't want to do, but you make time for the things you enjoy. You are not aware of time passing while you are involved in your passion, not until a sudden feeling strikes you, you look at the clock, and realize you forgot to eat.
-

No comments: