Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Flagged Fence

Photo: "Flagged Fence" - a lap quilt I finished this week. It was quick and easy and will be going to the children's hospital, where I've been told they have a plethora of cute baby quilts, but not much for teen boys. I had some patriotic fabric on hand, so I'm hoping this will be enjoyed by someone. If not, I know one of their puppies would love it. Dimensions: 53x71.

I learn a little bit about design and construction with every quilt I make. If I keep this up, I will be an expert in, say, about thirty years. I've given myself a score on Flagged Fence on a scale of 1-10, 1 being blah, and 10 being fabulous: 2.

The plan was to finish two other quilts this week, but searching my stash reveals that I need to shop for border and binding fabrics. Therefore, I am now working on my One Block Wonder quilt. I am finding the stitching of the triangles quite tedious and can't wait to get to another project that doesn't require doing the same thing over and over again!

Taking a break from stitching, I am polishing my Hideaway (studio) floor. This job requires a lot of furniture moving, a lot of sweeping, a lot of mopping, and a lot of polish.

Taking a break from stitching and mopping, I am also spraying for spiders inside (guild members take note) , and dusting for spiders outside. This is supposed to take care of black widows, too. The grocery store had no snake repellant that I could see.

Taking a break from stitching, mopping, and spider extermination, I dug up a section of my garden, preparing for a replanting of cilantro and possibly some butternut or acorn squash. Did you know that winter squash improves in sugar and fat content after being picked? I learned today that if you put them in a dark room for two weeks after picking, they will reach their maximum levels and therefore be more tasty.





No comments: