Friday, June 6, 2008
Photo: During May I finished the top from the Valentine charm swap I participated in last January.
This one is a color combination I wouldn't naturally choose, but I got all the five-inch charms from an internet swap, and it was fun to put together, using the similar techniques to those that I used on my quilt, "Lost in the Woods," from the book, Thinking Outside the Block. Though I had originally planned to cut the edges straight, all viewers have voted for me to keep them as is (see above). I whined about the amount of time it would take to put on the binding, but I must admit I like it that way, too.
I think I will look for a long-arm quilter to do the quilting on this one. It will be a new experience for me, to have someone else put their mitts on my work. I hope it will be a positive experience!