Monday, September 22, 2008

Driving a Cessna

This is my last full week in Huntsville. As I drove around this morning in my borrowed car, the best way to describe Lee's driving suddenly came to me: he drives like he's on a Sunday drive in a Cessna (that's a small plane, Mom). Lanes? Don't need 'em. Stop signs? Optional. Surrounding drivers irritated or confused? Their problem!

So far today:
* Exercised at Curves, left feeling great
* Drove to Patches and Stitches, the only quilt fabric store in town
* Bought what turns out to be not enough fabric for a picnic quilt
* Stopped at Hancocks where I bought fleece for backing the picnic quilt, cutting mat, ruler, and rotary cutter, all for 50% off (great week to need these expensive items)
* Now sitting at the coin laundry shrinking my fabrics.

I will go back to Patches and Stitches and get more fabric, once I've drafted a more detailed idea of my basic quilt design idea.

No comments: