Friday, January 9, 2009

This new blog takes shape

The name Ya-Ya Quilts intrigues me because "quilts" can be read as a noun or as a verb. Nifty, ain't it?

Ya-Ya is a name my sister called me when I was almost 4 years old and she was just past 2. I remember standing on the hillside, not far from our house in Gimbie, Ethiopia, watching my dad, who had just butchered a sheep. At least that's what my memory tells me; a sheep was there, dead, hanging by its heels, and dad was busy doing something with it. Anyway, my sister was calling me, "Ya-ya! Ya-ya!" but I didn't rush to answer, because I wanted to see what Daddy would do next.

...

The purpose of this blog is to have a location for writing about and sharing my creative endeavors in a spot where those interested will not have to wade through life and living details that have nothing to do with the creative life.

I am in the midst of importing posts that deal with quilts and other creative projects from my other two blogs to this one. I am having troubles, however, with exporting all the posts from Further Adventures of Ya-Ya, because Blogger doesn't seem to be able to let me download more than 1 Mb, and I probably have 4 or 5 Mb in that blog.

My original plan was to transfer everything creative from those blogs to this one, but now I think I'll just make copies to put here. That will make it easier for family members to access everything I write without having to wander from blog to blog. Some of them might even be interested enough to read what I write about quilting...

-

No comments: