Friday, May 8, 2009

Gingko Go Round 2


The center focal fabric is a 21x21 Japanese print. I pinned it to the center of the fused-to-fleece grid, and stitched on the first round, a print that makes me think of a Japanese screen.

It's just like foundation or paper piecing: Stitch and flip.











Here it is, round 1 sewn and pressed, ready for round 2.

















Round 2 and 3 have been stitched and pressed. I will spare you the details of the following rounds. They all went on in the same way. Easy peasy.






2 comments:

Jackie said...

A question. How do you finish off this quilt with fleece backing?
I may just not have read it all, but didn't see it.
I'll be looking forward to getting that information as this will be a great blanket for a floor blanket for playing on.
Thanks.
Jackie

LynnDel said...

I didn't post that part yet, but I bound it as you would normally bind a quilt. Just finished that step a couple hours ago!