Monday, June 8, 2009

Aster go round


This is the quickie quilt I talked about earlier, but I ended up sewing it yesterday. It's about 48" square. The fabrics came in a half-yard pack that I purchased at Web Fabrics in Purcellville, VA. As with the "Gingko go round" quilt, I fused quilter's grid to fleece, and used that as a foundation for sewing on the strips. I did a little quilting on the nine patch, but it wasn't needed elsewhere because of the foundation piecing method. No batting needed. I kind of randomly put it together, and think belatedly that the binding should have some pink in it. Not going to change it now!

This is taken with my new camera and edited with the latest versions of Photoshop (Elements 7.0). I haven't gotten to the intuitive level on either one, having owned them for about two hours, but I'll get there eventually. This quilt is actually brighter than it looks in this shot.
-

No comments: