Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Beware the leftover dye!

T-shirts, left in a closet, will multiply like rabbits. One begins to use them for grunge wear in activities such as gardening and painting -- and for eating spaghetti, tacos, and other leaky foods.

Below are three of my stained T-shirts. I never did like the color of the Cesky Krumlov shirt, but bought it because it was the least objectionable T-shirt color I could find when I was visiting Cesky Krumlov.

Below are the same three shirts dyed with my leftover dye. The orange one was supposed to turn out redder, but one can't complain with a shirt I wouldn't wear anyway because of the stain which now I can't find. Woohoo for dye!


Should you come to visit when I'm in dyeing mode, keep moving, or you may leave a different color than when you arrived.
-

2 comments:

Approachable Art said...

Gorgeous... and funny- I just dyed three of my old blouses yesterday, too. Still haven't taken them out of the dye baths yet, tho, need more coffee first.

LynnDel said...

I'm taking a run to your blog to see if the blouses have turned up in pictures yet. :)