Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fabric painting - painted fusible web


Painted fusible web, whoever would've thunk it? This exercise has a lot of possibilities, as long as one remembers that it is fusible web you are using. FUSIBLE WEB, sister, means, "THIS WILL STICK TO YOUR IRON!"

I randomly painted my fusible web, having no design in mind, and adhered it to the front of the black and white print, per Wonder Under instructions. On top of that I fused a fussy-cut flower from another black-and-white print, and fused over that two more pieces of painted Wonder Under, not having one prepared piece that was big enough, and resulting in the line through the middle of the flower, which I don't like. The result felt truly like one piece of fabric.

With all that fusible reaching out and needing something else to fuse to, with my iron I added a mylar ribbon, pink angelina, and gold foil bits, surprising myself by remembering to use a pressing sheet each time. If I ever use this as a background for something, I will have to remember the fusible is there before I set my iron to it. I should pin a note to the fabric, "Iron this and die!"
-

2 comments:

Approachable Art said...

I should pin a note to the fabric, "Iron this and die!"

LOL I don't know how many press cloths I've thrown out because of this.

(btw, please don't feel you have to answer every one of my posts, I may be at this for a while today lol)

Melinda Cornish said...

I love this.....wow! You are really getting creative here....I am jealous...