Monday, July 27, 2009

My quilt scrapbook


Photo: Quilted cover for my quilt scrapbook.

I've gotten behind on my quilt scrapbook, so while my gel resist is drying for another project, I am taking advantage of this hot studio day to stay in the cool house and catch up on my scrapbook. Each two-page spread features the quilt on the left, and details on the right.

I have made 37+ quilts so far (I think I missed counting one somewhere), for beds and for walls, not counting the scrapbook cover above. In addition, I've also made many placemats and potholders. I decided to lump them together, counting all placemats as one quilt, and all potholders as another. In the process of counting up my quilts, I've discovered that my one-block wonder quilt didn't get photographed after it was finished, so as soon as the temperature cools, I'll take it out to the design wall in the Hideaway studio and get it to pose for a shot.

Four-plus (this is where I'm not sure of the count) of my quilts were made between 1976 and 1995, the first of which never made it in pictures, and all the rest were made between 2005 and the present. My first 6x8 quilt scrapbook is full, so now it's on to the second, as soon as I find another sturdy one that I like.

In the meanwhile, I am sitting here wondering when is a good time to make a run to the laundromat. Which day is least likely to be busy? I haven't a clue. I want to wash and fluff up my Diamonds in the Rough quilt before I pack it for mailing, and my machines aren't big enough for the job.
-

3 comments:

Approachable Art said...

Gorgeous scrapbook cover!!

Melinda Cornish said...

I love this too and I think it is such a good ide...The cover is incredible...Wish I could page thru it and see some pictures of all your quilts...Maybe you should show some pages.....

LynnDel said...

Wow, I'm way behind on comments. I still haven't gotten used to the Blogger way of accessing comments (and hoping they'll add additional features soon). Anyway, I'm glad you like it, and good idea, Melinda - I am now planning on showing some of the pages, as soon as I'm finished jammin'.