Here are both sides of the bag that I made with the fabric I struggled with yesterday. All night long my brain wandered through alternatives as to what I would do to make the letters, the ones created with the gel glue resist, be more visible. I settled on outlining them with free motion quilting, and set about to prepare for that by fusing a stabilizing fabric to the back (now inside).
Then I thought, "Paint, I could use paint!" It would be so much faster, too. I looked at my various paints, but then my Pentel fabric sticks (look like little crayons) hollered at me from a dusty corner, "Try me! Try me!" so I did, after cutting off the plastic shrink wrap - mute evidence of an impulse purchase a year or so ago, a successful toting home of something I wanted but didn't have immediate need for. I outlined the letters, swirls, and dots with various colors, set with an iron. and completed the bag.
Now I think my next project will be to create a note to family recipients of my output that says something like, "This item was made with love just for you, but when it has fulfilled its purpose in your life, whether now or later, send it on its way without guilt."