Friday, July 24, 2009

Stars for Henri


The christening of the quilt: My quilts are usually do not receive a final name until they are completed, not due to any master plan of mine, but because that's when the name appears in my mind. The working title for this one has been Beverly's BOM, because it was Beverly's Fabrics Block of the Month. Now that the quilt is finished (except for tying off and hiding thread ends, and a few minor fixes), it tells me its name is Stars for Henri, because the colors are like the jungles of Henri Rousseau.

My camera must be on a weird setting, because it makes everything look like I'm peering through a peephole; that is, all rectangles look rounded. It's not the quilt, because even the design wall, which is factory straight, looked rounded in this shot, before I zapped it out of the picture.

The BOM for 2009 looked like more of the same, so I decided not to do it this year. It was fun once, but I need something new - and there are already numerous ideas stewing in my brain.
-

No comments: