Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Inside my quilt scrapbook

Awhile ago I posted a photo of the quilted cover of my quilt scrapbook, and Melinda suggested that I show some of the interior pages, so I am following through on that great idea. The book pages are 6x8, just the perfect size. I made the information form with my scrapbooking program. I am not completely satisfied with the form headings for the quilt details. They may change over time.

I had a lot of fun making this quilt, inspired from the Thinking Outside the Block book.

The "Happy Blocks" for this 75x53 quilt were obtained in an internet swap with the StashBuilders Yahoo group. A quilt back is often a place for me to play around, and I had to work hard to make this one purposely off-kilter!

A number of my pages do not yet have the information filled in. I am saving that job for cold winter days. This quilt, about 30x40 (rough estimate, since it is hanging on the wall of my Hideaway studio where I am NOT, at the moment), was created entirely of 1.5" squares (hence the pixelated look) from a photo I took near Moab, Utah. I hand drew this one, though now I discover there are programs that can do all the work for you.

I now have more quilt pictures than pages in my scrapbook, and no more room to insert more pages, so I am shopping for a new book. The next quilted scrapbook cover will most likely make use of some of my surface-design practice pieces.

1 comment:

Melinda Cornish said...

oh my gosh, I love this!!!!!