Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fiber postcard exchange


Making and sending a fiber postcard seemed like a fun challenge, especially after seeing the box of dozens of fabulous fiber postcards my friend Marylee has collected in all the exchanges she's done. However, I begin to wonder if exchanging fiber postcards is fad that's already had it's day, since I've had such a hard time finding any group that's doing it. Without any confidence at all, since I've never made a fiber postcard before, I forged ahead and created two cards, one to trade and one to keep. This trade is one-on-one, so I'll send out the above -- to South Africa, as it turns out -- and I'll eventually get one back.

I made inchies (tiny quiltlets -- what size, do you think? You're absolutely correct!) with the scraps. I'm not sure what to do with inchies, but I suppose they can become embellishments and danglies on anything one might want to decorate.
-

3 comments:

Melinda Cornish said...

oh, this is beautiful!!!!! Have you been on fiber art traders yet to play? also there is a postcard group I belong to...a yahoo group...it is called "arts in the mail"
I think it is still going...I havent done anything in a while.....

LynnDel said...

Thanks, Melinda! I will check out that Yahoo group and see if they are active.

lisa said...

gorgeous!!