Thursday, March 11, 2010

Great Grandma's block, pieced

The challenge was to use four colors in the last round, and I think I more than met the challenge!  I wanted to use little blocks the same size Great-grandma used in the center block 100 years ago.  The piecing has been done for a couple weeks, but finishing the quilt has been interrupted by a fabulous cruise to Mexico, and by unseasonable cold weather, making heating the Hideaway studio more expen$ive than I wanted to pay for at the time.

Though the photo above looks as if the quilt is in final form, I have not yet quilted it nor bound it.  Not bound, you ask?  It looks bound!  Yes, that's the magic of Photoshop.  I added a black line around the outside to see what it will look like when finished.

Now I have approximately sixty-three other ideas I want to try soon...

2 comments:

Melinda Cornish said...

it is amazing and beautiful! I love it.......

LynnDel said...

Yet another UFO, hoping to finish this summer.