Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Silly face fabric postcard

I wanted to collect fabric postcards -- stiff little quilts that go through the mail like a postcard but require more postage - so I joined the Trading Fabric Post Cards Yahoo Group.

The first swap in the group that I signed up for is the Silly Face swap.  It's turned out to be a one-on-one swap, and this is the card I made for it.  Belatedly I remembered I should have made a duplicate for myself in order to add to my collection.  This little lady either has leafy eyes or leaves over her eyes, trying to get rid of eye wrinkles, probably.  Her hair is couched novelty yarn.  She will be going to Michigan tomorrow.  Hope she doesn't get too cold.

I'm looking forward to a larger swap, where I can send out a dozen or two and get that many back.

2 comments:

Melinda Cornish said...

she is awesome...I am in a postcard group though I havent done anything in a while...I have quite the collection though!

Gloria said...

So funny and cute! Receiving this postcard would brighten up anyone's day.