Friday, June 25, 2010

QuiltArt at 15

Curved Stairs
15x15

This is my submission for the Quiltart.com Quinceañero.

Techniques/Materials/Methods:  My own hand-dyed cottons, paper pieced, fused, beads, paint, angelina, free-motion quilting.  From an original photo by Allen Hrenyk, used by permission.

"Curved Stairs" includes fifteen levels on which I've FMQ'd the numbers from one to fifteen, in addition to the words I put on the banisters. It includes some of the techniques I've been inspired to use through reading the many helpful messages from the Quiltart list. Without Quiltart, I probably never would have tried dyeing or painting fabric, and now I know it's tons of fun! I have only been a member of Quiltart for about four years, but I benefit from all fifteen years, since I can search the archives for answers to my questions on just about any quilt-related topic. Feliz cumpleaños, Quiltart.com!