Friday, July 9, 2010

Little pink bags


Charitable stitchers often receive, as donations, unfinished quilt projects.  The ladies at church, when they saw these blocks come in the donations pile, immediately passed them off to me, figuring I could do something with them.  I made a baby quilt with most of them, well, finished piecing the top, anyway.  Still have to find border fabric.  And with the remainder of the blocks I made these little bags.  They are about 7x8 inches with a zipper opening.  I find this type of bag handy for taking on a cruise - you can carry your card and camera without having to deal with your big bulky tote.  They are also good for transporting a few CDs, postcards of your travels, and your cell phone.  The biggest interest I've had so far, however, is from little girls and from people who want to buy for little girls.

I am selling these bags to buy supplies for making more charity quilts for children in hospital or protective custody.  Ten dollars plus shipping is the price, but I can't ship until my vacation is over!  If you have questions, you can reach me at califgold at, what else, geemail in the meantime.  In a few weeks I will advertise them elsewhere as well.

3 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

an informative,interesting, original blog...I enjoy it.

Melinda Cornish said...

they are just adorable and what a great use of quilt blocks!

ParisMaddy said...

They are so sweet and so are you! Hope you are enjoying the last days of summer-like weather.