Once in awhile I succumb to the temptation to purchase a panel. This one, if I remember correctly, was part of the Hound Puppies series, though I may be only giving a close approximation of the actual name.
Of course, I can't leave the panel as is; I chopped it up and added wonky borders, maybe not wonky enough. I have decided that if you are only a little bit off, it looks like a mistake. If you're way off, it must be on purpose!
The blocks on are my design wall (below), where I am trying to decide how to put it all together. I added the black paw print as sashing, and once I have the last couple of blocks sewn on, I will step back and see how close to rectangular the quilt actually is.