|"Puppies on a Picnic"|
This quilt has been in the works for a couple of years. I still have to finish the loose thread ends, but I couldn't resist taking a photo Right Now. When I made it, my goal was to make slightly wonky blocks, so though you can't tell it from this photo, all the rectangles are a little off square. That the wonkiness is not obvious is my only disappointment with this quilt. It's just off enough to look accidental, and not on purpose! And to think of all the time I spent cutting wedges of fabric off the sides of rectangles...
The puppy prints came from one fabric, and all the others were pieces I found coordinated either in color or theme. I had no idea how it was going to all fit together. I just framed each piece with as many rounds as I wanted, then set to work with the jigsaw puzzle. I am still amazed that I used all the puppies, not one left over, and the quilt came out as a nice, square rectangle when finished -- NOT wonky. And that was on purpose.
Someday soon I hope to christen this quilt by using it for a picnic.
If you are interested in seeing "Puppies on a Picnic" in progress, click on the Puppy quilt label at the bottom of this post.